Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Juniors - Welcome to Period 3

The following blog entry is for period 3 students only...

Welcome to junior English. We're going to be using this blog quite a bit throughout the year, so just to be sure we all know how to use it, please respond to the following quesion:

What is your favorite cartoon - either now or when you were a kid, and why?
  1. Click on 'comments' below.
  2. Post your comment. (Try cutting and pasting from word if you like.)
  3. Click on 'Name/URL' and type in your name.
  4. Click on 'post comment'.

For future reference - Your responses to blog entries needs to be thoughtful and thorough. And yes, grammar and spelling count (even though this is the internet). And yes, you can earn extra credit on these. All you need to do is - after you've posted your own comment - read the comments of others and post a thoughtful reply to someone else's comment.

Here is one of my favorite cartoons:


There used to be this old cartoon about a kid who had adventures with his scientist father called "Johnny Quest." I love this show for the 1960's visual asthetic and for the strange mix of creepiness, adventure, and humor.

11 comments:

  1. My favorite cartoon when I was little was Scobby Doo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont have a favorite and animes count i think so naruto and one piece stupid i know but its still going both of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline SerritellaAugust 24, 2011 at 4:51 PM

    My favorite cartoon when I was younger was Spongebob Squarepants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger I would watch multiple kid shows. I don't think I had a favorite show. I would watch all the shows on the PBS kids channel. Some of the shows are educational,for example: Cyber Chase and Sesame street. These shows included numbers,shapes,color,letters etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite cartoon as a child was Tom and Jerry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite t.v show was Tom and Jerry because it was very funny and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well my favorite cartoon was yu-gi-oh when i was young

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was younger I would love watching cartoons I watch all different kinds of cartoons for example Tom and Jerry, Scobby Doo, the Power puff Girls, but I loved Pbs kids the most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite cartoon when i was younger was The Powerpuff girls.I liked it cause i thought they were cute, and i was always the pink one, Blossom. I really enjoyed it and every time i came from school it would be on, it was the very first thing i would see when i came home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my favorite cartoon as a child was tom and jerry. I liked it because I thought that a smaller critter was able to beat up the bigger critter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite cartoon when I was a child was rugrats because it was always on tv and I would always be excited to come home after school and watch it.

    ReplyDelete