Thursday, August 25, 2011

Freshmen - Welcome to Period 8

The following blog entry is for period 8 students only...

Welcome to freshmen English. We're going to be using this blog quite a bit throughout the year, so just to be sure we all know how to use it, please respond to the following quesion:

What is your favorite cartoon - either now or when you were a kid, and why?
  1. Click on 'comments' below.
  2. Post your comment. (Try cutting and pasting from word if you like.)
  3. Click on 'Name/URL' and type in your name.
  4. Click on 'post comment'.

For future reference - Your responses to blog entries needs to be thoughtful and thorough. And yes, grammar and spelling count (even though this is the internet). And yes, you can earn extra credit on these. All you need to do is - after you've posted your own comment - read the comments of others and post a thoughtful reply to someone else's comment.

Here is one of my favorite cartoons:


There used to be this old cartoon about a kid who had adventures with his scientist father called "Johnny Quest." I love this show for the 1960's visual asthetic and for the strange mix of creepiness, adventure, and humor.

10 comments:

  1. Reshmee DhorchowdhuryAugust 25, 2011 at 2:35 PM

    My favorite cartoon would have to have been spongebob. I thought it was really funny and interesting. The show wasn't too childish, but it wasn't anything adult either. Even now, I sometimes might watch it if its on t.v. All together I find this show most interesting than other shows for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite cartoon from my childhood was scooby doo because i loved to try and figure out who committed the crime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a child, about 4, 5, maybe 6 years old, I watched many cartoons. My favorite out of them all would have to be "Power Puff Girls." I really loved that show and will always remember watching it a few nights a week at seven I remember, with my sister. When I was little I always wished I could have powers like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Simpsons have always been my favorite cartoon because I have always watched it with my dad and I think that it is a really funny show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Dragon Tales was my favorite cartoon when I was in kindergarten because the thought of children being able to talk to Dragons was so cool to me, and the theme song never got old either. I may not remember any of the names of the characters now, but I used to remember every single one of them when I was little. Yes the theme song is annoying to me now but when I was little I used to think that Dragon Tales was the coolest thing to me and I have many fond memories of Dragon Tales

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was little my favorite cartoon had to be Baby Looney Toons. I had to be in love with that cartoon. Everyday I'd try to wake up really early to watch the show. Sometimes I'd miss it and I'd be really disappointed. After I'd watch the show, I went right back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Dragon Tales, also. It had to be my second favorite cartoon, when I was little. My sister would always get annoyed when I turned it on, but I could never turn it off. I also remember watching the show with my brother all the time. The show brings back many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was very young my favorite cartoon was the magic school bus. I always enjoyed the show and it taught me some stuff that thought was cool. I also basically liked every other kids cartoon there was such as scooby doo. Sorry about this being late, can I get late credit?

    VAN HERSHEY PERIOD 8

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite cartoon was always spongebob because i always would go around the house saying "IM A GOOFY GOOBER!" I also loves how he had a really funny laugh and people are always telling me how my laugh is really funny and contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i probably would say spongebob because as a child, i think a lot of things were funny, and spongebob was a wide range of jokes and episodes. each character was funny in different ways. i always thought patrick was the best because of his lack of wisdom in almost every way.

    -stephen clare, period 8

    ReplyDelete