Thursday, August 25, 2011

Freshmen - Welcome to Period 4

The following blog entry is for period 4 students only...

Welcome to freshmen English. We're going to be using this blog quite a bit throughout the year, so just to be sure we all know how to use it, please respond to the following quesion:

What is your favorite movie of all time, and why? 
  1. Click on 'comments' below.
  2. Post your comment. (Try cutting and pasting from word if you like.)
  3. Click on 'Name/URL' and type in your name.
  4. Click on 'post comment'. 
For future reference - Your responses to blog entries needs to be thoughtful and thorough. And yes, grammar and spelling count (even though this is the internet). And yes, you can earn extra credit on these. All you need to do is - after you've posted your own comment - read the comments of others and post a thoughtful reply to someone else's comment.

I've got a few favorite movies myself, and they include...

...for its man vs. naure manliness...

...for its man vs. man insanity...

and last but not least...
...for the letter Ben Chapman wrote to my son. (Remind me to tell you the story some time.)

15 comments:

  1. My favorite movie of all time is X men origins Wolverine. I like this movie because it has action,drama,and adventure,the three favorite thing I like in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite movie of all time would have to be Tremors because I enjoy older movies and it is definitely an original idea that was full of action, suspense, and excitement, which I always enjoy in movies I watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite movie of all time is Law Abiding Citizen. It is a movie that keeps you guessing throughout the whole thing. The story line is so hard to predict.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorive movie of all time is the final Harry Potter movie. That is my favorite movie because it is full of suspense, action, and humor. Those are the qualities that I enjoy in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite all time movie is Mean Girls. It is my favorite movie because it makes me laugh each time i watch it, and it is filled with drama, humor, and excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite movie of all time is Hot Rod. It is my favorite movie because it has action and comedy. No matter how many times I watch it, it always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite movie is Cheaper By the Dozen 2 because it has an abundance of comedy that makes me watch it again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Favorite movie of all time is Red October. This is my favorite movie because of the combination of suspense, action, and adventure. The way this movie combined the three key categories of a great movie made it an unbeatable movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite movie is She's the Man. It's super funny and Amanda Bynes was great as Viola/Sebastian Hastings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite movie of all time is Miss Congeniality because it's very funny and it has a lot of action in it. The more i watch it, the more love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite movie is Inception. Inception is a very intense, confusing, and suspenceful movie. I had to think about what happened after the movie and that never happened to me before so it was different.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite movie is The Hunt for Red October. This movie demonstrates that harsh battle between the U.S and the Soviets. This is the movie that you may watch over and over again, and never get tired of it because it's intense and just filled with action.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite movie is Titanic because I love the plot and it's so moving. Everytime I watch it, I cry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite movie is Pink Floyd The Wall because i like the music in it and i like the metaphors and the story that Pink FLoyd The Wall has.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, what is it that produces Nike Air Max stand
    out from each of one other sports activities trainers concerning Nike Air Max market.
    His album Homework shot to popularity as soon as it got released in the year 1997.
    Kanye West – “Heartless” Mixed With Lady Gaga – “Lovegame”.


    Check out my web blog :: daft punk random access memories rapidshare

    ReplyDelete